From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Compaction issues
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 20:25:29 GMT
> Also, there are plenty of
> compactions running - it just seems like the number of pending tasks
> is never affected.
Is there ever a time when the pending count is non zero but nodetool compactionstats does
not show any running tasks ?

If compaction cannot keep up you may be generating data faster than LCS can compact it. What
sort of disks do you have?

What is the min_sstable_size ? The old default was 5, the new one is 130. The higher value
will result in less IO.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 24/10/2013, at 3:16 AM, Russ Garrett <russ@garrett.co.uk> wrote:

> On 23 October 2013 15:05, Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> When we made a similar move, for an unknown reason (I didn't hear any feedback from
the list when I asked why this might be), compaction didn't start after we moved from SizedTiered
to leveled compaction until I ran "nodetool compact <keyspace> <column-family-converted-to-lcs>".