I've checked out and built the 1.2.10-tentative branch, and I've noticed that all of my CQL prepared statements are now broken.

Looking into the code, it looks like the "#" -> "=" and "@" -> "?" translations were removed. I tried to replace these in one of my scripts with "=" and "?", but there's other code that splits the query string on "=", causing the prepared statement to be malformed.

If I look at the comments on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5867, where this change was made, I see a single mention of URL encoding the CQL query. Is this the expectation going forward? Was there a reason that the "#" and "@" mappings were removed?