I need to store binary byte data in Cassandra column family in all my columns. Each columns will have its own binary byte data. Below is the code where I will be getting binary byte data. My rowKey is going to be String but all my columns has to store binary blobs data.

    GenericDatumWriter<GenericRecord> writer = new GenericDatumWriter<GenericRecord>(schema);
    ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
    Encoder e = EncoderFactory.get().binaryEncoder(os, null);
    writer.write(record, e);
    e.flush();
    byte[] byteData = os.toByteArray();
    os.close();
  // write byteData in Cassandra for the columns

I am not sure what should be the right way to create the Cassandra column family for the above use case? Below is the column family, I have created but I am not sure this is the right way to do that for above use case?

    create column family TESTING
    with key_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and comparator = 'BytesType'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and gc_grace = 86400
    and column_metadata = [ {column_name : 'lmd', validation_class : DateType}];

Raihan Jamal