The list is "null".

2013/9/3 Baskar Duraikannu <baskar.duraikannu@outlook.com>
I don't know of any. I would check the size of LIST. If it is taking long, it could be just that disk read is taking long.

Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 16:35:22 -0300
Subject: List<blob> retrieve performance
From: savio.teles@lupa.inf.ufg.br
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

I have a column family with this conf:

CREATE TABLE geoms (
  geom_key text PRIMARY KEY,
  part_geom list<blob>,
  the_geom text
) WITH
  bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
  caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
  comment='' AND
  dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  populate_io_cache_on_flush='false' AND
  compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
  compression={'sstable_compression': 'SnappyCompressor'};

I run this query "select geom_key, the_geom, part_geom from geoms limit 1;" in 700ms.

When I run the same query without part_geom attr (select geom_key, the_geom from geoms limit 1;), the query runs in 5 ms.

Is there a performance problem with a List<blob> attribute?

Thanks in advance

--
Atenciosamente,
Sávio S. Teles de Oliveira