The Cassandra team is very pleased to announce the release of Apache Cassandra
version 2.0.0. Cassandra 2.0.0 is a new major release that adds numerous
- Lightweight transactions that offers linearizable consistency.
- Experimental Triggers Support.
- Numerous enhancements to CQL as well as a new and better version of the
- Compaction improvements (including a hybrid strategy that combines
leveled and size-tiered compaction).
- A new faster Thrift Server implementation based on LMAX Disruptor.
- Eager retries: avoids query timeout by sending data requests to other
replicas if too much time passes on the original request.
See the full changelog for more and please make sure to check the release
notes for upgrading details.
Both source and binary distributions of Cassandra 2.0.0 can be downloaded at:
As usual, a debian package is available from the project APT repository
(you will need to use the 20x series).
The Cassandra team