From Keith Wright <kwri...@nanigans.com>
Subject Re: Does collection in CQL3 have certain limits?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:36:14 GMT
I know that the size is limited to max short (~32k) because when deserializing the response
from the server, the first item returned is the number of items and its a short.  That being
said you could likely handle this by looking for the overflow and allowing double max short.

Vikas Goyal <vikas@easility.com> wrote:

As there are two ways to support wide rows in CQL3..One is to use composite keys and another
is to use collections like Map, List and Set. The composite keys method can have millions
of columns (transposed to rows).. This is solving some of our use cases.

However, if we use collections, I want to know if there is a limit that the collections can
store a certain number/amount of data (Like earlier with Thrift C* supports up-to 2 billion
columns in a row)

Thanks,

Vikas Goyal