From java8964 java8964 <java8...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to control the sstable file size in incremental backup or snapshot
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2013 01:56:00 GMT
Hi,
The current our production is using Cassandra 1.0, and will upgrade to 1.1 next week.
I noticed the snapshot and incremental backup sstable files size generated from our production
environment vary dramatically. Some files can be hundreds of M, or even close to G, but a
lot of files are even less than 1k bytes, especially in the incremental backup.
Is there a way to control the size of SSTable files generated in the snapshot or incremental
backup?  I am talking about one column family. Ideally for this column family, I would like
to make every SSTable files around 500M to 1G.
Thanks