From java8964 java8964 <java8...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to read in map/reduce)?
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 16:23:06 GMT
Or some configuration in Cassandra integration part of Hadoop, that tells Cassandra we know
this table is small enough, make it a distribute Cache in hadoop, in all the MR jobs generated
in Cassandra.

Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:06:50 -0700
Subject: Re: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to read
in map/reduce)?
From: rcoli@eventbrite.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

When I add nodes though, I would kind of be screwed there, right?  Is there an RF=${nodecount}…that
would be neat.

Increasing replication factor is well understood, and in this case you could pre-load the
entire dataset onto the new node instead of having it bootstrap.
But the DC-per-node idea is.. kinda interesting..

=Rob