From Parag Patel <Parag.Pa...@fusionts.com>
Subject RE: Read query slows down when a node goes down
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:12:15 GMT
RF=3.  Single dc deployment.  No v-nodes.

Is there a certain amount of time I need to wait from the time the down node is started to
the point where it's ready to be used?  If so, what's that time?  If it's dynamic, how would
I know when it's ready?

Thanks,
Parag

From: sankalp kohli [mailto:kohlisankalp@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:52 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Read query slows down when a node goes down

What is your replication factor? DO you have multi-DC deployment? Also are u using v nodes?

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Parag Patel <Parag.Patel@fusionts.com<mailto:Parag.Patel@fusionts.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

We have a six node cluster running DataStax Community Edition 1.2.9.  From our app, we use
the Netflix Astyanax library to read and write records into our cluster.  We read and write
with QUARUM.  We're experiencing an issue where when a node goes down, we see our read queries
slowing down in our app whenever a node goes offline.  This is a problem that is very reproducible.
 Has anybody experienced this before or do people have suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks,
Parag