From "Hartzman, Leslie" <leslie.d.hartz...@medtronic.com>
Subject RE: Ad-hoc queries question
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:20:58 GMT
Thanks Rob. I thought that might have been the situation but wasn't sure. So does this negate
the use of cqlsh to do this then? I'd hate to have to provide custom code to support ad-hoc
queries.

Les

From: Robert Coli [mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 4:06 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ad-hoc queries question

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Hartzman, Leslie <leslie.d.hartzman@medtronic.com<mailto:leslie.d.hartzman@medtronic.com>>
wrote:
So are ad-hoc queries more awkward or not feasible?

Yes.

To expand slightly, you will probably end up querying multiple columnfamilies and doing the
ad-hoc JOIN-esque aspect in application code.

=Rob

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use
only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any
manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually
copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com