From "Hartzman, Leslie" <leslie.d.hartz...@medtronic.com>
Subject RE: Security?
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 16:51:22 GMT
Thanks for the info.

So open-source Cassandra does not provide for auditing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Hanna [mailto:jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:47 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Security?

For open-source Cassandra, there is a framework for security (see the security book-thing
in the sidebar):
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/webhelp/index.html

For those wanting additional things like auditing and other features, there's DataStax Enterprise:

http://www.datastax.com/docs/datastax_enterprise3.1/security/index

Disclaimer - I work at DataStax, but hopefully the docs are helpful.

On 5 Sep 2013, at 17:36, "Hartzman, Leslie" <leslie.d.hartzman@medtronic.com> wrote:

> Does Cassandra have any security features to restrict access or does this have to be
done at the business tier?

> Thanks.
>
> Les
>
> [CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary
to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has
been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination
of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this
mail from your records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following
link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com