From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Issue with leveled compaction and data migration
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:47:58 GMT
Hello,

We've been undergoing a migration on Cassandra 1.1.9 where we are combining two column families.
 We are incrementally moving data from one column family into another, where the columns in
a row in the source column family are being appended to columns in a row in the target column
family.  Both column families are using leveled compaction, and both column families have
over 100 million rows.

However, our bloom filters on the target column family grow dramatically (less than double)
after converting less than 1/4 of the data.  I assume this is because new changes are not
being compacted with older changes, although I thought leveled compaction would mitigate this
for me. Any advice on what we can do to control our bloom filter growth during this migration?

Appreciate the help,
Thanks,
-Mike