From "Thapar, Vishal (HP Networking)" <vtha...@hp.com>
Subject Cassandra 1.2.4 - Unflushed data lost on restart
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 09:42:41 GMT
I am running Cassandra 1.2.4 in standalone mode and see a data loss when I stop/start Cassandra
[kill the task].

All data is written in atomic mutation batches. I can see the files in commitlog directory
but they're not replayed. If I flush the data before stopping Cassandra, it is available on
restart.

These are steps:

1. Start Cassandra and run the app that adds data.
2. Stop Cassandra and start it again.
3. Query data, not available, not even with cli.

I am using default configuration file settings. My understanding is that any data not flushed
should be available in commitlog and it should get replayed on restart.

- Vishal.