From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject is this correct, thrift unportable to CQL3Š.
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:36:53 GMT
Many applications in thrift use the wide row with composite column name and as an example,
let's say golf score for instance and we end up with golf score : pk like so

null : pk56
null : pk45
89 : pk90
89: pk87
90: pk101
95: pk17

Notice that there are some who do not have a golf score(zero would not quite make sense and
would be interpreted as a golf score).  I am hearing from this post if they are correct that
this is not portable to CQL3???  Is this true?  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18963248/how-can-i-have-null-column-value-for-a-composite-key-column-in-cql3

(This sounds like a major deficit to me as the wide row now can only be used where actual
values exist?????).  Is it possible to port this pattern to CQL3?

Thanks,
Dean