From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject composite with null prefix in CQL3(porting from thrift)
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:21:21 GMT
I ran into this same issue on this stackoverflow post…

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18963248/how-can-i-have-null-column-value-for-a-composite-key-column-in-cql3

Does anyone know how to have the same composite column name pattern that enables wide rows
with a null value?

Ie. We had some index rows that were nullable Integers and the postfix was the primary key
of another table and we could look up null to find the rows that all had null for something.
 Does this even work in CQL3 or is it so that we cannot port this wide row to CQL3?  (though
I thought every pattern was supposed to be portable to CQL3)

Thanks,
Dean