From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to read in map/reduce)?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 21:03:01 GMT
That's an interesting idea…..so that would be an RF=1 in each data center…..very interesting.

Dean

From: Jonathan Haddad <jon@jonhaddad.com<mailto:jon@jonhaddad.com>>
Date: Friday, September 13, 2013 1:50 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to read
in map/reduce)?

You could create a bunch of 1 node DCs if you really wanted it.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:
Actually, I have been on a few projects where something like that is
useful.  Gemfire(a grid memory cache) had that feature which we used at
another company.  On every project I encounter, there is usually one small
table somewhereŠ.either meta data or something that is infrequently
changing and nice to duplicate on every node.  I bet eventually nosql
stores may start to add it maybe in a few years, but I guess we are not
there yet.

Thanks,
Dean

--