From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to read in map/reduce)?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 18:15:44 GMT
When I add nodes though, I would kind of be screwed there, right?  Is there an RF=${nodecount}…that
would be neat.

Dean

From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>>
Date: Friday, September 13, 2013 12:06 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to read
in map/reduce)?

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:
I was just wondering if cassandra had any special CF that every row exists on every node for
smaller tables that we would want to leverage in map/reduce.  The table row count is less
than 500k and we are ok with slow updates to the table, but this would make M/R blazingly
fast since for every row, we read into this table.

Create a keyspace with replication configured such that RF=N?

=Rob