From "Langston, Jim" <Jim.Langs...@compuware.com>
Subject cluster rename ?
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:03:38 GMT
Hi all,

Following these instructions:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.cassandra.user/29753

I am trying to change the name of the cluster, but I'm getting an error:

ERROR [main] 2013-09-10 17:52:43,250 CassandraDaemon.java (line 247) Fatal exception during
initialization
org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Saved cluster name tmpCassandra !=
configured name cassandra
at org.apache.cassandra.db.SystemTable.checkHealth(SystemTable.java:450)
at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:243)
at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.init(CassandraDaemon.java:381)
at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.load(DaemonLoader.java:212)

For step 3 in the instructions, I moved LocationInfo located in the system keyspace to another
directory and when I try to restart the node, the directory is re-created, but still get the
error.

I'm running 1.2.8, is this still the correct system keyspace to move.

Also, although not indicated as a must do – in step 2, I did a drain, but did not remove
the commitlog's

If I name the cluster back to its original name, the cluster will come back up without any
problems.

Jim