From rash aroskar <>
Subject 1.2 leveled compactions can affect big bunch of writes? how to stop/restart them?
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:58:32 GMT
In general leveled compaction are I/O heavy so when there are bunch of
writes do we need to stop leveled compactions at all?
I found the nodetool stop COMPACTION, which states it stops compaction
happening, does this work for any type of compaction? Also it states in
documents 'eventually cassandra restarts the compaction', isn't there a way
to control when to start the compaction again manually ?
If this is not applicable for leveled compactions in 1.2, then what can be
used for stopping/restating those?

View raw message