From Anand Somani <meatfor...@gmail.com>
Subject Best way to track backups/delays for cross DC replication
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:13:16 GMT
Hi,

Scenario is a cluster spanning across datacenters and we use Local_quorum
and want to know when things are not getting replicated across data
centers. What is the best way to track/alert on that?

I was planning on using the HintedHandOffManager (JMX)
=> org.apache.cassandra.db:type=HintedHandoffManager countPendingHints. Are
there other metrics (maybe exposed via nodetool) I should be looking at. At
this point we are on 1.1.6 cassandra.

Thanks
Anand