From Jimmy Lin <y2klyf+w...@gmail.com>
Subject changing the primary key type of a table
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:05:44 GMT
hi,
we have a table that its primary key is uuid type. Now we decide that we
need to use text type as it is more flexible for our application.

is there any downside using text as primary key? any performance impact on
the partition ?

There is no way to alter a table's primary key with a cql command, that is
what i have read, migrating to a new table seems to be the only way.
Is there any good recommendation how to do this? cqlsh copy or jsonsttable
seems like will all result in same datatype as before.

thanks