From Raihan Jamal <jamalrai...@gmail.com>
Subject How many Column Families can Cassandra handle?
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:39:41 GMT
I am working on a use case for Timeline series data. I have been told to
create 600 column families in Cassandra. Meaning for 10 minutes, I will be
having column families in Cassandra. Each second will have its own column
family, so till 10 minutes which is 600 second, I will be having 600 column
families...

In each second, we will write into that particular second column family..
so at 10 minutes (which is 600 second), we will write into 600 second
column family..

I am wondering whether Cassandra will be able to handle 600 column families
or not.. Right now, I am not sure how much data each column family will
have... What I know so far is write will be coming at a rate of 20,000
writes per second...

Can anyone shed some light into this?