From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject VMs versus Physical machines
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:21:38 GMT
Hello,

We are deciding whether to get VMs or physical machines for a Cassandra
cluster. I know this is a very high-level question depending on lots of
factors and in fact I want to know that how to tackle this is and what
factors should we take into consideration while trying to find the answer.

Data size? Writing speed (whether write heavy usecases or not)? Random ead
use-cases? column family design/how we store data?

Any pointers, documents, guidance, advise would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Shahab