From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does collection in CQL3 have certain limits?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 15:49:53 GMT
I believe CQL has to fetch and transport the entire row, so if it contains
a collection you transmit the entire collection. C* is mostly about low
latency queries and as the row gets larger keeping low latency becomes
impossible.

Collections do not support a large number of columns, they were not
designed to do that. IMHO If you are talking about 2K + columns collections
are not for you use old-school c* wide rows.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Keith Wright <kwright@nanigans.com> wrote:

>  I know that the size is limited to max short (~32k) because when deserializing the response
from the server, the first item returned is the number of items and its a short.  That being
said you could likely handle this by looking for the overflow and allowing double max short.