From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: making sure 1 copy per availability zone(rack) using EC2Snitch
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:52:55 GMT
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM, rash aroskar <rashmi.aroskar@gmail.com>wrote:

> Are you suggesting deploying 1.2.9 only if using Cassandra "DC" outside of
> EC2 or if I wish to use rack replication at all?

1) use 1.2.9 no matter what, instead of 1.2.5
2) if only *ever* will have clusters in EC2, EC2Snitch is fine, but read
and understand CASSANDRA-3810, especially if not using vnodes
3) if *ever* may have clusters outside of EC2 + inside EC2, use
GossipingPropertyFileSnitch
4) if using vnodes, just create a cluster out of hosts with 50% in each AZ
and you should be all set.

=Rob