From Franc Carter <franc.car...@sirca.org.au>
Subject Re: cassandra just gone..no heap dump, no log info
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:45:01 GMT
A random guess - possibly an OOM (Out of Memory) where Linux will kill a
process to recover memory when it is desperately low on memory. Have a look
in either your syslog output of the output of dmesg

cheers

--

*Franc Carter* | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd
 <marc.zianideferranti@sirca.org.au>

franc.carter@sirca.org.au | www.sirca.org.au

Tel: +61 2 8355 2514

Level 4, 55 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215