From Richard Low <rich...@wentnet.com>
Subject Re: Row size in cfstats vs cfhistograms
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:45:24 GMT
On 19 September 2013 10:31, Rene Kochen <rene.kochen@schange.com> wrote:

I use Cassandra 1.0.11

> If I do cfstats for a particular column family, I see a "Compacted row
> maximum size" of 43388628
>
> However, when I do a cfhistograms I do not see such a big row in the Row
> Size column. The biggest row there is 126934.
>
> Can someone explain this?

The 'Row Size' column is showing the number of rows that have a size
indicated by the value in the 'Offset' column.  So if your output is like

Offset  Row Size
1131752  10
1358102  100

It means you have 100 rows with size between 1131752 and 1358102 bytes.  It
doesn't mean there are rows of size 100.

Richard.