From Richard Low <rich...@wentnet.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1.2.9 cluster with vnodes is heavily unbalanced.
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:48:39 GMT
On 19 September 2013 20:36, Suruchi Deodhar <
suruchi.deodhar@generalsentiment.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your replies. I wiped out my data from the cluster and also
> cleared the commitlog before restarting it with num_tokens=256. I then
> uploaded data using sstableloader.
>
> However, I am still not able to see a uniform distribution of data across
> nodes of the clusters.
>
> The output of the bin/nodetool -h localhost status commands looks like
> follows. Some nodes have data as low as 1.12MB while some have as high as
> 912.57 MB.

Now the 'Owns (effective)' column is showing the tokens are roughly
balanced.  So now the problem is the data isn't uniform - either you have
some rows much larger than others or some nodes are missing data that could
be replicated by running repair.

Richard.