From Ken Hancock <ken.hanc...@schange.com>
Subject Re: cassandra just gone..no heap dump, no log info
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:03:22 GMT
We ran into this while tuning heap sizes.  With Cassandra 1.2 making use of
off-heap memory, if we made our JVM too large relative to the server
memory, the system would just bail.  We found for our app that the limit of
the JVM size relative to server memory was about 50%.

--
*Ken Hancock *| System Architect, Advanced Advertising
SeaChange International

Office: +1 (978) 889-3329 | [image: Google Talk:]
ken.hancock@schange.com | [image:
Skype:]hancockks | [image: Yahoo IM:]hancockks [image:
LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/kenhancock>

[image: SeaChange International]
 <http://www.schange.com/>This e-mail and any attachments may contain
information which is SeaChange International confidential. The information
enclosed is intended only for the addressees herein and may not be copied
or forwarded without permission from SeaChange International.