incubator-cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marcus Eriksson <krum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.2.10 -> 2.0.1 migration issue
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:36:45 GMT
cant really reproduce, could you update the ticket with a bit more info
about your setup?

do you have multiple .json files in your data dirs?


On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Marcus Eriksson <krummas@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is most likely a bug, filed
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6093 and will try to have
> a look today.
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Christopher Wirt <chris.wirt@struq.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Just had a go at upgrading a node to the latest stable c* 2 release and
>> think I ran into some issues with manifest migration.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> On initial start up I hit this error as it starts to load the first of my
>> CF. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> INFO [main] 2013-09-24 22:56:01,018 LegacyLeveledManifest.java (line 89)
>> Migrating manifest for struqrealtime/impressionstorev2****
>>
>> INFO [main] 2013-09-24 22:56:01,019 LegacyLeveledManifest.java (line 119)
>> Snapshotting struqrealtime, impressionstorev2 to pre-sstablemetamigration
>> ****
>>
>> ERROR [main] 2013-09-24 22:56:01,030 CassandraDaemon.java (line 459)
>> Exception encountered during startup****
>>
>> FSWriteError in
>> /disk1/cassandra/data/struqrealtime/impressionstorev2/snapshots/pre-sstablemetamigration/impressionstorev2.json
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.io.util.FileUtils.createHardLink(FileUtils.java:83)*
>> ***
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LegacyLeveledManifest.snapshotWithoutCFS(LegacyLeveledManifest.java:138)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LegacyLeveledManifest.migrateManifests(LegacyLeveledManifest.java:91)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:246)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:442)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:485)
>> ****
>>
>> Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
>> /disk1/cassandra/data/struqrealtime/impressionstorev2/snapshots/pre-sstablemetamigration/impressionstorev2.json
>> ->
>> /disk1/cassandra/data/struqrealtime/impressionstorev2/impressionstorev2.json
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)***
>> *
>>
>>         at
>> sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)****
>>
>>         at
>> sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.createLink(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:474)
>> ****
>>
>>         at java.nio.file.Files.createLink(Files.java:1037)****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.io.util.FileUtils.createHardLink(FileUtils.java:79)*
>> ***
>>
>>         ... 5 more****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I had already successful run a test migration on our dev server. Only
>> real difference I can see if the number of data directories defined and the
>> amount of data being held. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I’ve run upgradesstables under 1.2.10. I have always been using vnodes
>> and CQL3. I recently moved to using LZ4 instead of Snappy..****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I tried to startup again and it gave me a slightly different error****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> INFO [main] 2013-09-24 22:58:28,218 LegacyLeveledManifest.java (line 89)
>> Migrating manifest for struqrealtime/impressionstorev2****
>>
>> INFO [main] 2013-09-24 22:58:28,218 LegacyLeveledManifest.java (line 119)
>> Snapshotting struqrealtime, impressionstorev2 to pre-sstablemetamigration
>> ****
>>
>> ERROR [main] 2013-09-24 22:58:28,222 CassandraDaemon.java (line 459)
>> Exception encountered during startup****
>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Tried to create duplicate hard link to
>> /disk3/cassandra/data/struqrealtime/impressionstorev2/snapshots/pre-sstablemetamigration/struqrealtime-impressionstorev2-ic-1030-TOC.txt
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.io.util.FileUtils.createHardLink(FileUtils.java:71)*
>> ***
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LegacyLeveledManifest.snapshotWithoutCFS(LegacyLeveledManifest.java:129)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LegacyLeveledManifest.migrateManifests(LegacyLeveledManifest.java:91)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:246)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:442)
>> ****
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:485)
>> ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Will have a go recreating this tomorrow.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Any insight or guesses at what the issue might be are always welcome.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Thanks,****
>>
>> Chris****
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message