From Oisin Kim <oisin....@cayova.com>
Subject cqlsh startup error "Can't locate transport factory function cqlshlib.tfactory.regular_transport_factory"
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:33:54 GMT
Hi,

cqlsh stopped working for me recently, I'm unsure how / why it broke and I couldn't find anything
from the mail archives (or google) that gave me an indication of how to fix the problem.

Here's the output I see when I have cassandra running locally (default config except using
Random Partitioner) and try run cqlsh (running with --debug and with the local IP makes no
difference)

oisin@/usr/local/Cellar/cassandra/1.2.9/bin: ./cqlsh
Can't locate transport factory function cqlshlib.tfactory.regular_transport_factory

I Installed cassandra 1.2.9 and Python 2.7.2 via brew and used pip to install cql.  I can
connect via the cassandra-cli to create and view keyspaces etc without any issues.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Regards,
Oisin

Versions:

oisin@/usr/local/Cellar/cassandra/1.2.9/bin: ./cassandra -v
xss =  -ea -javaagent:/usr/local/Cellar/cassandra/1.2.9/jamm-0.2.5.jar -XX:+UseThreadPriorities
-XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -Xms4096M -Xmx4096M -Xmn800M -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
1.2.9

oisin@/usr/local/Cellar: python -V
Python 2.7.2

oisin@/usr/local/Cellar: pip -V
pip 1.4.1 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip-1.4.1-py2.7.egg (python 2.7)