From Tim Dunphy <bluethu...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommended hardware
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:17:11 GMT
Hello,

I am running Cassandra 2.0 on a 2gb memory 10 gb HD in a virtual "cloud" environment. It's
supporting a php application running on the same node.

Mostly this instance runs smoothly but runs low on memory. Depending on how much the site
is used, the VM will swap out sometimes excessively.

I realize this setup may not be enough to support a cassandra instance.

I was wondering if there were any "recommended hardware specs" someone could point me to for
both physical and virtual (cloud) type environments.

Thank you,
Tim
Sent from my iPhone