From Skye Book <skye.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Nodes not added to existing cluster
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 19:41:06 GMT
Hi all,

I have a three node cluster using the EC2 Multi-Region Snitch currently operating only in
US-EAST.  On having a node go down this morning, I started a new node with an identical configuration,
except for the seed list, the listen address and the rpc address.  The new node comes up and
creates its own cluster rather than joining the pre-existing ring.  I've tried creating a
node both before ad after using `nodetool remove` for the bad node, each time with the same
result.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to look that might put me on the right track?

Thanks,
-Skye