From Jon Haddad <...@jonhaddad.com>
Subject Re: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to read in map/reduce)?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 18:24:25 GMT
It sounds some something that's only useful in a really limited use case.  In an 11 node cluster
it would be quorum reads / writes would need to come from 6 nodes.  It would probably be much
slower for both reads & writes.

It sounds like what you want is a database with replication, not partitioning.

On Sep 13, 2013, at 11:15 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> When I add nodes though, I would kind of be screwed there, right?  Is there an RF=${nodecount}…that
would be neat.

> Dean
>
> From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>>
> Date: Friday, September 13, 2013 12:06 PM
> To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: is there any type of table existing on all nodes(slow to up date, fast to
read in map/reduce)?

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Hiller, Dean <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov<mailto:Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov>>
wrote:
> I was just wondering if cassandra had any special CF that every row exists on every node
for smaller tables that we would want to leverage in map/reduce.  The table row count is less
than 500k and we are ok with slow updates to the table, but this would make M/R blazingly
fast since for every row, we read into this table.