From Paul Cichonski <paul.cichon...@lithium.com>
Subject RE: heavy insert load overloads CPUs, with MutationStage pending
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:46:00 GMT
How much of the data you are writing is going against the same row key?

I've experienced some issues using CQL to write a full wide-row at once (across multiple threads)
that exhibited some of the symptoms you have described (i.e., high cpu, dropped mutations).

This question goes into it a bit more: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18522191/using-cassandra-and-cql3-how-do-you-insert-an-entire-wide-row-in-a-single-reque
. I was able to solve my issue by switching to using the thrift batch_mutate to write a full
wide-row at once instead of using many CQL INSERT statements.

-Paul