From Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scet...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Pig] ERROR 2118: Could not get input splits
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 17:04:41 GMT
I get less issues with Pig 0.9.2 but still some. It seems to depend on the script too. I have
less issues if i change the script to get only 1 job created, ie when I use 1 dump instead
of 2. FYI, I have only 3 rows

Regards
--
Cyril SCETBON

On Sep 21, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalkanen@ecyrd.com> wrote:

> I just started moving our scripts to Pig 0.11.1 from 0.9.2 and I see the same issue -
about 75-80% time it fails. So I'm not moving :-/.

> I am using OSX + Oracle Java7 and CassandraStorage, but I did not see any difference
between CassandraStorage and CqlStorage.

> Cassandra 1.2.9, though 1.1.10 seemed to have the same symptoms.
>
> (Also, ?widerows=true seems to cause a NullPointerExeption in ByteByfferUtil.toString().
 So not a very successful evening yesterday.)

> /Janne
>
> On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:55 , Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get a lot of exceptions when using Pig scripts over Cassandra. I have to launch
them again and again until they work. You can find a sample of the stacks when it works (twice)
and when it fails (3 times) at http://pastebin.com/yWsTHbix. I use the following sample script
(there are only a few lines) :