From MichaƂ Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Recommended hardware
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 06:08:25 GMT
Hi Tim,

Not sure if you've seen this, but I'd start from DataStax's documentation:

http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/webhelp/index.html#cassandra/architecture/architecturePlanningAbout_c.html?pagename=docs&version=1.2&file=cluster_architecture/cluster_planning

Taking a look at the mailinglist's archive might be useful too.

M.

W dniu 23.09.2013 18:17, Tim Dunphy pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Cassandra 2.0 on a 2gb memory 10 gb HD in a virtual "cloud" environment.
It's supporting a php application running on the same node.

> Mostly this instance runs smoothly but runs low on memory. Depending on how much the
site is used, the VM will swap out sometimes excessively.

> I realize this setup may not be enough to support a cassandra instance.
>
> I was wondering if there were any "recommended hardware specs" someone could point me
to for both physical and virtual (cloud) type environments.