From Keith Freeman <8fo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: heavy insert load overloads CPUs, with MutationStage pending
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:05:59 GMT
Thanks, I had seen your stackoverflow post.  I've got hundreds of
(wide-) rows, and the writes are pretty well distributed across them.
I'm very reluctant to drop back to the thrift interface.

On 09/11/2013 10:46 AM, Paul Cichonski wrote:
> How much of the data you are writing is going against the same row key?
>
> I've experienced some issues using CQL to write a full wide-row at once (across multiple
threads) that exhibited some of the symptoms you have described (i.e., high cpu, dropped mutations).

> This question goes into it a bit more:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18522191/using-cassandra-and-cql3-how-do-you-insert-an-entire-wide-row-in-a-single-reque
 . I was able to solve my issue by switching to using the thrift batch_mutate to write a full
wide-row at once instead of using many CQL INSERT statements.