From Suruchi Deodhar <suruchi.deod...@generalsentiment.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1.2.9 cluster with vnodes is heavily unbalanced.
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:16:10 GMT
Hi Richard,
This is a brand new cluster which started with num_tokens =256 on first boot and chose random
tokens. The attached ring status is after data is loaded into the cluster for the first time
using sdtableloader and remains that way even after Cassandra is restarted.

Thanks,
Suruchi

On Sep 19, 2013, at 3:46, Richard Low <richard@wentnet.com> wrote:

> On 19 September 2013 02:06, Jayadev Jayaraman <jdisalive@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We use vnodes with num_tokens = 256 ( 256 tokens per node ) . After loading some
data with sstableloader , we find that the cluster is heavily imbalanced :

> How did you select the tokens?  Is this a brand new cluster which started on first boot
with num_tokens = 256 and chose random tokens?  Or did you start with num_tokens = 1 and then
increase it?