From Mike <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Issue with leveled compaction and data migration
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 22:39:17 GMT
Thanks for the response Rob,

And yes, the relevel helped the bloom filter issue quite a bit, although it took a couple
of days for the relevel to complete on a single node (so if anyone tried this, be prepared)

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 23, 2013, at 6:34 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 4:27 AM, Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Another question on [the topic of row fragmentation when old rows get a large append
to their "end" resulting in larger-than-expected bloom filters].

>> Would forcing the table to relevel help this situation?  I believe the process to
do this on 1.1.X would be to stop cassandra, remove .json file, and restart cassandra.  Is
this true?

> I believe forcing a re-level would help, because each row would appear in fewer sstables
and therefore fewer bloom filters.