From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to a remote cassandra node..
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:04:23 GMT
See the comments for rpc_address and listen_address in the yaml file. These control which interfaces
the server binds to.

If you leave them as blank and DNS is correctly setup they will bind to the correct address.

If you set them to 0.0.0.0 they will bind to all interfaces, you should not do this in production.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/09/2013, at 8:27 PM, Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990rulz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you...but cant we dynamically connect to any system instead of changing the .yaml
file each time?? I want to take the input from the user regarding the host and port that he
wants to use...Thanks.

> On Sep 27, 2013 1:38 PM, "Kais Ahmed" <kais@neteck-fr.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> you have to check listen_address in cassandra.yaml, change the localhost value by the
ip of the machine and restart cassandra

> 2013/9/27 Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990rulz@gmail.com>
> Hello,
>           I am relatively new to cassandra. I am using a library called libQtCassandra
for accesing the cassandra database from my c++ programs. When I try to connect to the localhost
cassandra , everything seems fine but when I try to connect to a remote node on which cassandra
is up and running , it says connection refused. Any help would be of a great value. Thank
You...