From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: [Pig] ERROR 2118: Could not get input splits
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2013 05:55:20 GMT

I just started moving our scripts to Pig 0.11.1 from 0.9.2 and I see the same issue - about
75-80% time it fails. So I'm not moving :-/.

I am using OSX + Oracle Java7 and CassandraStorage, but I did not see any difference between
CassandraStorage and CqlStorage.

Cassandra 1.2.9, though 1.1.10 seemed to have the same symptoms.

(Also, ?widerows=true seems to cause a NullPointerExeption in ByteByfferUtil.toString().
So not a very successful evening yesterday.)

/Janne

On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:55 , Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get a lot of exceptions when using Pig scripts over Cassandra. I have to launch them
again and again until they work. You can find a sample of the stacks when it works (twice)
and when it fails (3 times) at http://pastebin.com/yWsTHbix. I use the following sample script
(there are only a few lines) :