From "Christopher Wirt" <chris.w...@struq.com>
Subject Cassandra 2 Upgrade
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:59:55 GMT
Hello,

I'm keen on moving to 2.0. The new thrift server implementation and other
performance improvements are getting me excited.

I'm currently running 1.2.8  in 3 DC's with 3-3-9 nodes 64GB RAM, 3x200GB
SSDs, thrift, LCS, Snappy,  Vnodes,

Is anyone using 2.0 in production yet? Had any issues? I haven't seen
anything popup here or on JIRA, so either there are none/few, or nobody is
using it yet.

How important is it to move to 1.2.9 before 2.0? To me it looks like 1.2.8
to 2.0 will be fine.

Am I ok running a mixed cluster for 24 hours? E.g. I switched just one DC
for 24 hours as a test.

Size-tiered compaction on L0 compaction strategy will be default now for
LCS?

Thanks

Chris