Is the plan to close the  1.x generation on 1.2.* branch and move to 2.0 or will 1.2 continue to 1.3, 1.4, etc while 2.0 also progresses?

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Eric Evans <eevans@sym-link.com> wrote:

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Cassandra 2.0.0.

As a release candidate, we're working to establish that this is relatively
free of obvious bugs before calling it Done.  Bottom line, if you aren't
willing to test pre-production software and report bugs[3], you should
probably wait for the final release.

Source and binary downloads are available from the website.

  http://cassandra.apache.org/download

The Debian repository will need to wait until Sylvain's return, I apologize
(again) for the inconvenience.  If you need the package before then, you
can download and manually install it from:

  http://people.apache.org/~eevans

As usual, please pay attention to the release notes[2] and let us know if
you encounter any issues.

Thanks, and Enjoy.

[1]: http://goo.gl/ZRB5aW (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/h55Zsq (NEWS.txt)