So the problem is that when you dropped and recreated the table with the same name, some how the old CFStore object was not purged. So now there were two objects which caused same sstable to have 2 SSTableReader object. 

The fix is to find all nodes which is emitting this FileNotFound Exception and restart them. 

In your case, restart the node which is serving the data and emitting FileNotFound exception. 

Once this is up, again restart the bootstrapping node with bootstrap argument. Now it will successfully stream the data. 


On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Keith Wright <kwright@nanigans.com> wrote:
Yes we likely dropped and recreated tables.  If we stop the sending node, what will happen to the bootstrapping node?

sankalp kohli <kohlisankalp@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
    The problem is that the node sending the stream is hitting this FileNotFound exception. You need to restart this node and it should fix the problem. 

Are you seeing lot of FileNotFoundExceptions? Did you do any schema change recently?

Sankalp


On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Keith Wright <kwright@nanigans.com> wrote:
Hi all,

   I have been trying to bootstrap a new node into my 7 node 1.2.4 C* cluster with Vnodes RF3 with no luck.  It gets close to completing and then the streaming just stalls with  streaming at 99% from 1 or 2 nodes.  Nodetool netstats shows the items that have yet to stream but the logs on the new node do not show any errors.  I tried shutting down then node, clearing all data/commit logs/caches, and re-boot strapping with no luck.  The nodes that are hanging sending the data only have the error below but that's related to compactions (see below) although it is one of the files that is waiting to be sent.  I tried nodetool scrub on the column family with the missing item but got an error indicating it could not get a hard link.  Any ideas?  We were able to bootstrap one of the new nodes with no issues but this other one has been a real pain.  Note that when the new node is joining the cluster, it does not appear in nodetool status.  Is that expected?

Thanks all, my next step is to try getting a new IP for this machine, my thought being that the cluster doesn't like me continuing to attempt to bootstrap the node repeatedly each time getting a new host id.

[kwright@lxpcas008 ~]$ nodetool netstats | grep rts-40301_feedProducts-ib-1-Data.db
   rts: /data/1/cassandra/data/rts/40301_feedProducts/rts-40301_feedProducts-ib-1-Data.db sections=73 progress=0/1884669 - 0%

ERROR [ReadStage:427] 2013-08-05 23:23:29,294 CassandraDaemon.java (line 174) Exception in thread Thread[ReadStage:427,5,main]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/1/cassandra/data/rts/40301_feedProducts/rts-40301_feedProducts-ib-1-Data.db (No such file or directory)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.CompressedRandomAccessReader.open(CompressedRandomAccessReader.java:46)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.util.CompressedSegmentedFile.createReader(CompressedSegmentedFile.java:57)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.util.PoolingSegmentedFile.getSegment(PoolingSegmentedFile.java:41)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader.getFileDataInput(SSTableReader.java:976)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.createFileDataInput(SSTableNamesIterator.java:98)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.read(SSTableNamesIterator.java:117)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.columniterator.SSTableNamesIterator.<init>(SSTableNamesIterator.java:64)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.NamesQueryFilter.getSSTableColumnIterator(NamesQueryFilter.java:81)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.filter.QueryFilter.getSSTableColumnIterator(QueryFilter.java:68)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.collectTimeOrderedData(CollationController.java:133)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.CollationController.getTopLevelColumns(CollationController.java:65)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getTopLevelColumns(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1357)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1214)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1126)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getRow(Table.java:347)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SliceByNamesReadCommand.getRow(SliceByNamesReadCommand.java:64)
        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ReadVerbHandler.doVerb(ReadVerbHandler.java:44)
        at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:56)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/1/cassandra/data/rts/40301_feedProducts/rts-40301_feedProducts-ib-1-Data.db (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:233)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.util.RandomAccessReader.<init>(RandomAccessReader.java:67)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.CompressedRandomAccessReader.<init>(CompressedRandomAccessReader.java:75)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.CompressedRandomAccessReader.open(CompressedRandomAccessReader.java:42)
        ... 20 more