Nice job man!

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Tyler Hobbs <tyler@datastax.com> wrote:
For those of you using pycassa or the cassandra dbapi2 driver, I wanted to let you know that a beta version of the DataStax python driver is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/datastax/python-driver

This driver works exclusively with cql3 and uses the new native protocol for Cassandra 1.2+ in place of Thrift.  The main benefits are:
  • Request pipelining, which allows for greater throughput with a smaller number of connections
  • Push notifications from Cassandra about changes to the cluster state
  • More advanced connection pooling capabilities, including node autodiscovery, token-aware routing, and multi-datacenter awareness

The driver design closely follows that of the DataStax Java driver (https://github.com/datastax/java-driver) and C# driver (https://github.com/datastax/csharp-driver) with some pythonic adjustments.

There's also a basic mapping layer available through the 'native' branch of the cqlengine library, which can be found here: https://github.com/cqlengine/cqlengine/tree/native.

We're planning to put the driver through some rigorous QA internally before the first non-beta release of the driver later this year.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or bug reports, I would love to hear them!

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax