I am glad this document helped you.

I like to point to this 'thrift-to-cql' document, since it was really useful to me when I found it, even if I had to read it at least 3 times entirely and still need to refer to some piece of it sometimes because of the complexity of what is explained in it.

@Sylvain, you did a real good job with this blog post. Thanks a lot, be sure I will continue sharing it.

Alain

2013/8/1 Jon Ribbens <jon-cassandra@unequivocal.co.uk>
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 03:10:54PM -0700, Jonathan Haddad wrote:
>    It's advised you do not use compact storage, as it's primarily for
>    backwards compatibility.

Yes indeed, I understand what it does and why now, but only because
I was pointed to the thrift-to-cql document. The CQL documentation
itself doesn't make it at all clear, I was originally under the
impression that the way 'COMPACT STORAGE' works was the way CQL
works by default, because that's the natural assumption until it's
explained why it doesn't work that way.

I was pointing out that either the thrift-to-cql document must be
wrong, or the CQL document must be wrong, because they contradict
each other.