As I do not have Billions of input records (but a max of 10 Milllion) the added benefit of scaling out the per-line processing is probably not worth the additional setup and operations effort of Hadoop.
I would start with a regular app and then go to hadoop if needed, assuming you are only dealing with a few MB's of data.

There can be a significant human startup cost to brining hadoop into a C* setup. I recommend using http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/datastax-enterprise in a development environment to see if it's something you want to do (requires a licence to run in prod).

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand