Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 12:35 PM
Subject: How often to run `nodetool repair`

Hello,

I read in the docs that `nodetool repair` should be regularly run unless no delete is ever performed. In my app, I never delete, but I heavily use the ttl feature. Should repair still be run regularly? Also, does repair take less time if it is run regularly? If not, is there a way to incrementally run it? It seems that when I do run repair, it takes a long time and causes high amounts CPU usage and iowait.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Carl