From Morgan Segalis <msega...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Having 2 nodes with 100% Ownership ?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:57:40 GMT

Le 13 août 2013 à 01:50, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> a écrit :

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Morgan Segalis <msegalis@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I fetched the whole apache-cassandra (not the /var/lib/cassandra) folder from my first
server to my second server.

> Including the data directory for your keyspace? That's the simplest way to do this operation
in your case.

Actually no, I was talking about the cassandra source folder, not the data folder.
When I bootstrapped the second node, it took 10 sec. to transfer more than 10% (Servers have
10GB connections).  The whole keyspace is 16G apparently
So If it needs to take 100 sec for whole data, I'm not going to take any chance doing it by
hand ;-)

as http://blog.milford.io/cassandra-token-calculator/ gave me.

> Ok.
>
> so I should update with
>
> update keyspace KEYSPACE_NAME with storage_options = {DC1 : 2};
>
> and then :
>
> $ nodetool repair (on both nodes)
>
> Yes. If you pre-copy the sstables to the new node, this will go MUCH faster, because
it will only have to sync the data that has come into the original node between the copy and
the repair.

> =Rob

So I should not touch the cassandra-topology.properties file ?

And the fact that the node 1 and node 2 are both DC1 RACK1 does not bother cassandra ?